29 May 2012

getting some miles in

leaving my sorry looking Dehler 36 behind for a couple of weeks I jumped on a plane and headed for Gran Canaria.
Along with Skipper Des and crew mate Keith we had ten days to move a Hanse 371 from the canaries to Portugal, as far north as possible in the time we had.

it went something like this:
The taxi along sheer drops around the island








skip eats a mini monty from the pan




arriving at porto santo

Keiths favourite spot off-watch

The Jayne-burka - factor 200 sunscreen
The yellow wagtail thought this may be an unusually large mate in equally fetching yellow
Skip pulled some exotic bird. She was found face down in the oranges next morning, sent off to Davy Jones locker
the daily dose of Dolphin


Night watch

watching the sun go down
and then watching the sun come up again on the other side


I suppose I better look like I can steer this thing since we've done 1000 miles already




The rain, obligatory on every trip





The route we took, in 3 legs, 3 days, 4 days and then 1.5 days

 These are stills from the video I am making. Watch this space.
























No comments:

Post a Comment